By Chattanooga FC
La Liga giants Real Betis of Seville, Spain will visit Chattanooga FC Saturday, May 25th as part of the International Exhibition Series Powered by EPB. This will be the first time Betis has played in the U.S.
“This is an incredible opportunity for our players to match up against some of the world’s best players,” Chattanooga FC President Sheldon Grizzle said. “Betis is one of Europe’s most storied clubs and soccer fans throughout the Southeast will now have a unique chance to see them up close in Chattanooga. Bringing the world’s game to Chattanooga has long been in our DNA and we are honored to offer this to our fans, players, and coaching staff.”
Real Betis was established in 1907, and over the last century they have won 12 Spanish championships and played in numerous Europa and Champions League matches. Betis is known for bringing talented internationals to their team including current Mexican National Team captain Andrés Guardado and 18-year-old Mexican phenom Diego Lainez.
“Chattanooga FC is a young club with a lot of potential and great interest on expanding on the U.S. soccer market,” Real Betis General Manager Ramon Alarcon said. “It will be a fantastic opportunity for Real Betis Balompie to play in the central Southeast market with a large Spanish speaking community. We are excited to enjoy the atmosphere at the Finley Stadium on the 25th of May.”
“We are blessed to compete against a major club from La Liga like Real Betis,” Chattanooga FC Head Coach and General Manager Bill Elliott remarked. “Chattanooga FC coaches, players, and supporters look forward to another opportunity to showcase our team and our city.”
Tickets for the Memorial Day weekend match are now on sale on the Chattanooga FC website and are $30 in advance, $40 the day of the game. This match is INCLUDED for season pass holders.
The organizers are expecting a big crowd for the match so fans are encouraged to get tickets and season passes early.
- Real Betis Balompié, SAD vs Chattanooga Football Club
- May 25th, 2019 at 6:00PM
- Finley Stadium, Chattanooga, TN
- Tickets are $30 in advance and $40 at the gate
- Match is included for 2019 Season Pass holders
Fast facts about Real Betis Balompie:
- Real Betis is 111 years old, founded in September 1907. The team is based in Seville, the main city in Southern Spain and capital of the region of Andalusia. It’s regarded as one of the most beautiful cities in Europe.
- Real Betis are currently eighth in La Liga. The team reached the Last 32 round in Europa League this year and the Copa del Rey semifinals.
- As one of the most loved teams in Spain, Betis is the fourth biggest Spanish team behind Real Madrid, FC Barcelona and Atlético de Madrid in numbers of fans.
- Real Betis has a very loyal fan base and they are tenth highest European team in views on YouTube – behind Manchester United and Arsenal but above Chelsea and Borussia Dortmund.
- As a multisport club, Real Betis also plays at a professional level in basketball and futsal.
- They have many high-profile players including a number with the Mexican national team, such as the captain Andrés Guardado and promising talent Diego Lainez. Also Betis captain, Joaquin – who is a legend at the club, and Argentina’s Giovani Lo Celso. Top Spanish players Marc Bartra, Jesé and Sergio Canales are also very popular players at the club.
Photo Credit: Chattanooga FC