The Miami FC Beats Red Force FC 4-0, Advances to Second Round of Open Cup

The Miami FC took on Red Force FC at FIU Soccer Stadium on Wednesday night, and beat their rivals 4-0 in the First Round of the U.S. Open Cup.

The Orange and Blue totally controlled possession of the ball and the tempo of the match early on, dominating the majority of scoring chances.

Forward Kris Tyrpak was a part of Miami’s two big chances early in the match, the first by getting on the end of a long pass and the second by threading a through ball into Jaime Chávez in the box.

Tyrpak’s dynamism and versatility on offense led to Miami netting its first goal in the 22nd minute, when right back Tyler Ruthven poured in an in-swinging cross that Tyrpak met with his head and buried past the goalkeeper.

Miami continued to apply offensive pressure for the duration of the first half, and it paid off in the final minute of the half. Tyrpak once again got on the end of a cross, this time a pinpoint delivery by midfielder Dylan Mares, and steered his header from the right side of the box into the bottom left corner of the net.

The first half ended 2-0, with Tyrpak’s brace holding a rightful impact on the scoreline.

Just two minutes into the second half, Tyrpak nearly got his hat-trick. Winger Don Smart laced a pass across the six-yard box and found Tyrpak at the far post, but Tyrpak’s effort went wide and rattled the side netting.

The Orange and Blue’s third goal of the match came in the 60th minute, when midfielder Dylan Mares got on the end of a rebound off of the goalkeeper’s mitts and struck through the ball well to put it into the back of the net.

For the second match in a row, Darío Suárez subbed into the match and wreaked havoc on the opposing defense. In the 75th minute, situated on the top right corner of the box, Suárez went for an audacious finesse shot that almost sneaked into the top right corner of the goal.

Just 12 minutes later, Suárez got his deserved goal. Jaime Chávez chipped in an accurate cross over the defense and Suárez met the ball with an acrobatic, sprawling volley, striking the ball with a perfect amount of pace to power it past the goalkeeper’s outstretched arms.

The match ended 4-0, as Miami cruised comfortably to the Second Round of the U.S. Open Cup.

The Miami FC will continue its Open Cup run with another home match against Miami United FC. The match will be played on Wednesday, May 16 at FIU Soccer Stadium.

Contributor: Miami FC
Photo Credit: Orovio Photography

Other Articles