On a beautiful summer evening in Pittsburgh, PA, Syracuse FC drew with the Fort Pitt Regiment by a score of 1-1. The highly competitive NPSL match was characterized by back and forth action, and SFC earned a point for their quality effort on the road.

Following the opening kick, both teams played with an offensive mindset. In the first twelve minutes of the match, SFC earned two corners that were dealt with by the Fort Pitt defense. On the other side of the pitch, SFC’s goalkeeper Pat Castle was able to keep Fort Pitt off the scoreboard with three sure-handed saves in the match’s first fifteen minutes.

A Fort Pitt foul in the 16th minute led to a free kick by Ben Ramin. Its deflection off the wall gave Ramin another shot that was played by the Fort Pitt goalkeeper.

In the 19th minute, Luiz Mota was injured and received medical attention. SFC played with ten men before Mota was able to return to action a few minutes later.

SFC’s offensive attack continued, but a header by Adnan Bakalovic went just out of reach of Ramin into the arms of the Fort Pitt goalkeeper. Just moments later, Ramin produced a close range shot that was swiftly knocked out by Fort Pitt.

Throughout the first 45 minutes, SFC set the tone of the match with their attacking style of play. This resulted in a number of scoring opportunities and shots on goal for both teams, but neither was able to finish. During stoppage time, Fort Pitt finally broke the scoreless tie when Max Flick produced a 20-yard shot that found the back of the net.

The second half of the match began with the same intensity as the first 45 minutes of play. SFC and Fort Pitt put quality shots on goal in the half’s opening three minutes, requiring saves out of both goalkeepers.

SFC’s quality offense paid off in the 60th minute when Ramin tied the match at 1-1. The rebound goal marked the forward’s first goal of the season.

Later in the half, in the 78th minute, Jerjer Gibson entered the match as a substitute, replacing Jake Kohlbrenner.

During the finishing minutes of the match, Nate Bourdeau and Mota had several opportunities to give SFC the lead, but the Fort Pitt defense did not allow any additional goals. At the match’s final whistle, Syracuse FC drew Fort Pitt 1-1.

Other Articles