The day started out rough for Lowell.  Arriving 30 minutes late to the game and with little to no warm up, they took the field in Brooklyn.

Despite the lack of preparation, Lowell walked onto the field and in the fifth minute netted the game’s first goal giving them the early lead. Isaac De Souza slipped the ball behind to new forward Jacob Simons, who touched the ball past the keeper and then headed it into the back of the net four minutes into his debut with Lowell.

Unfortunately, this early success was short-lived and in the 18th Brooklyn was awarded a free kick just outside of the Lowell penalty area. The free kick was whipped in to the far post where Ryan Scheiderman hit it one time and into the back of the net tying the game at one a piece. From that point forward, Brooklyn dominated the game.

Brooklyn’s second goal came from a corner kick in the 30th minute. As Lowell goalkeeper Cooper Hall was shielded by his own player, Fabian Lifka bent the ball into the far post directly off of the corner. This gave Brooklyn the lead 2-1 going into half time.

The second half would pick up exactly where the first half left off, with Brooklyn attacking and passing the ball around the Lowell defender as if they were practice dummies, the GL NPSL offense had no answer.

Before the game could end Brooklyn would score three more goals. The first came after a Brooklyn corner kick that went long through the box. As Lowell was stepping they lost their marks on the back post and the ball was crossed back in to a wide-open Simen Olafsen, who easily headed the ball back post and into the net.

Brooklyn’s fourth goal came off of yet another corner kick that was played across the top of the six-yard box and put away by a Brooklyn defensemen Joe DeStefano.

Brooklyn’s last goal, in the 84th minute, would be scored as one attacker dribbled two Lowell defenders, passed the ball off to Joe Swenson, who dribbled two more defenders to put himself 16 yards out and easily slipped the ball into the near post.

Other Articles

League News