2020 NPSL Members Cup
The National Premier Soccer League (NPSL) is proud to announce the return of the Members Cup in autumn 2020.
The 2020 NPSL Members Cup will begin in mid-August, have a 10-game schedule, and will conclude with the 2020 NPSL Members Cup Final in early November. It is intended to fill a gap that currently exists in the soccer landscape, providing high-quality soccer on the amateur level’s national stage.
Players that compete in the Members Cup will be amateurs or unpaid professionals. The tournament will remain under the sanctioning of the United States Adult Soccer Association (USASA) and will not be subject to Professional League Standards.
Conferences are being developed and will be announced at a later date.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is operating the Members Cup?
- NPSL, Inc. is operating the Members Cup, as well as operating the summer season as usual.
- What time is the Members Cup being played?
- The Members Cup is slated to begin a 10-game campaign in mid-August, with playoffs in October and the Members Cup Final in early-November.
- Which teams are participating?
- Conferences are being developed and will be announced at a later date.
- Can a team participate in the Members Cup but not the NPSL season in the summer?
- Teams that participate in the Members Cup are expected to participate in the 2021 NPSL summer season as well.
- Is this tournament seeking to use professional players, or amateur?
- The Members Cup will be using amateur players or unpaid professionals, exactly as the summer season will operate.
- Do teams participating in the Members have to have the same players for the tournament & the summer season, or can they be different?
- Teams have flexibility. Rosters may differ between competitions, but can also be the same if the team wishes.